Almond Paste Cookies
Almond Paste Cookies are moist and chewy on the inside, and crunchy and crispy on the outside. Made with only a handful of ingredients, they’re super easy to make and the best part is these cookies are naturally gluten free.
- Author: Allie
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 18 Minutes
- Total Time: 33 Minutes
- Yield: 15 Cookies 1x
- Category: Desserts, Cookies
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 Cup Finely Ground Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- 1 Tsp Almond Extract
- 16 Ounce Almond Paste
- 1 Bag Sliced Almonds
- 2/3 Cup Powdered Sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Break up the almond paste into pieces and put into a food processor.
- Add the salt, sugar, egg whites and almond extract, and blend until smooth. The dough should be wet and sticky.
- Chill the dough for at least one hour prior to rolling.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop out about 1 tablespoon for each cookie and roll out. Using a cookie scoop will help keep the cookies the same size. If your hands become very sticky, you can rinse them with warm water.
- If you do decide to use almond slices- add some almond slices to a bowl and dip the rolled cookie ball into the almonds, and slightly press them down.
- Place cookies about 1 inch apart, and bake until the edges start to golden, about 16-18 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar after they are cool.
- Make sure you chill the dough for at least an hour.
- The cooking times do vary. Mine took about 18 minutes. Start checking the cookies at 15 minutes.
Keywords: Almond Paste Cookies, Gluten Free Cookie Recipe, Gluten Free Almond Cookie Recipe, Holiday Cookie Recipe