Gluten Free Ginger Molasses Cookies
Whenever I think of Christmas cookies, gluten free ginger molasses cookies come to my mind first. My gluten free Ginger Molasses Cookies are perfectly spicy and not overly sweet. These cookies are easy to make, and are soft and chewy. While these cookies smell just like Christmas, they can be baked any time during the winter season, and are the perfect cookie for dunking into coffee or hot chocolate.
- Author: Allie
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 9 Minutes
- Total Time: 29 Minutes
- Yield: 18 Cookies 1x
- Category: Cookie, Desserts
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 2 Cups Gluten Free Cup 4 Cup Flour
- 2 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Clove
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Allspice
- 3/4 Cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Unsulphured Molasses
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Turbinado Sugar to roll the cookies in
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, spices and salt.
- Add the shortening, butter, the brown and granulated sugars to a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the molasses and egg and beat until well combined.
- With the mixer on low, start adding the flour by a couple scoopfuls at a time. Do this until all your flour is incorporated into the dough.
- Roll the dough into a ball by hand and loosely cover with saran wrap.
- Put in the fridge for at least one hour before scooping the cookie batter onto the cookie sheet.
- Put the turbiando sugar in a bowl to mix the rolled cookie balls in.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
- Using a cookie scoop, roll out 1 tablespoon each into balls.
- After each ball has been shaped, roll in the turbinado sugar till the cookie is nice and coated.
- If the cookies are not cracking, you can remove from the oven and gently bang on counter a couple times. This will help the warm cookies crack.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes. The edges should feel slightly firm with a soft center. They will continue to cook as they cool. Do not over-bake the cookies.
- Cookies will stay fresh covered for 3-5 days in an airtight container.
Keywords: Gluten Free Ginger Molasses Cookies, Gluten Free Holiday Cookies, Gluten Free Ginger Cookies, Gluten Free Cookies, Winter Cookie Recipe, Gluten Free Molasses Cookies