GF Tomato and Brie Tart
This quick and savory GF Tomato and Brie Tart is made with store bought gluten-free puff pastry and topped with heirloom tomatoes and herbed brie cheese. This tart is such a classic pairing. Heirloom tomatoes goes so well with brie cheese. This tart is perfect for picnics or summer lunches.
- Author: Allie
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main, Side Dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Frozen Pastry Dough-make sure it is Gluten Free and not pre-cooked
- 1 1/2 Heirloom Tomatoes or Vine Ripened Tomatoes
- 3/4 Pound to 1 Pound Herbed Brie Cheese
- 1 Egg
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Trim off the ends of the heirloom tomatoes and slice about 1/8 inch thick.
- Remove the puff pastry from the packaging. If using Schar puff pastry, it has to defrost for 3 hours before using.
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. For the Schar puff pastry- it does need to be kept in the freezer. I thawed mine for 3 Hours before using. The Schar package comes with two rolled gluten-free puff pastries. I only used 1.
- Unfold the puff pastry onto the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Using your fingertips, gently pinch the seams closed.
- Use a knife to score about 1/2 border all the way around. This does not have to perfect. I like it to look more rustic.
- To make sure your puff pastry doesn’t puff up when cooking-pierce all over with a fork.
- Spread a thin layer of 2 teaspoon mustard all over the dough.
- I dried my tomatoes off with a paper towel before assembling.
- Arrange the tomatoes on top and season with salt and pepper.
- Use 4 sprigs of fresh Thyme to sprinkle on the top before putting into the oven.
- Cut small pieces of the herbed brie cheese and scatter them over the tops of the tomatoes.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, and half-way through whisk up one egg and brush the crust with the egg wash. Bake until the crust is puffed and golden and the cheese has thoroughly melted.
- Remove from the oven and place on a rack to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy.
- This recipe can take anywhere from 20-25 Minutes.
- Dust the crust with the egg wash half way through baking to help the tart get nice and golden in color.
- Let this cool down for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Keywords: GF Tomato and Brie Tart, Tart, Summer, Gluten-Free, Tomatoes