This Easy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole is super easy to make, and is perfect for any night of the week. Plus, it’s gluten free and is loaded with cheddar cheese in every bite. The flavors are simple and appealing, and the prep is super easy. Made with Rotisserie chicken and store bought ingredients, this only takes a couple minutes to assemble before going into the oven.
Table of Contents
- 1 CASSEROLE ARE THE PERFECT WEEKNIGHT MEAL
- 2 WHY THIS CASSEROLE IS SO SPECIAL TO ME?
- 3 INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR EASY CHICKEN BROCCOLI RICE CASSEROLE
- 4 INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING EASY CHICKEN BROCCOLI RICE CASSEROLE
- 5 NOW FOR ASSEMBLING THIS EASY CHICKEN BROCCOLI RICE CASSEROLE
- 6 Easy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
CASSEROLE ARE THE PERFECT WEEKNIGHT MEAL
Casseroles are the perfect weeknight meal. This casserole can be made ahead and put in the oven after a busy day of work. This Easy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole is loaded with protein and flavor. This really is the perfect meal to feed your family. Adults and kids alike will enjoy this recipe.
I’m using mostly store bought ingredients for this dinner so it comes together really quickly. The only thing you really need to do is cook the rice. Before I leave for work, I set up my rice maker and put it on a timer. This way, when I come home the rice is done. I always make extra rice as I make this casserole big enough to have for two nights. This easy chicken broccoli rice casserole reheats so well making it and ideal option for dinner any night of the week.
WHY THIS CASSEROLE IS SO SPECIAL TO ME?
For baking this casserole, I use a Lasagna sized casserole dish. This meal definitely makes enough to feed a family for at least two nights. I don’t typically enjoy leftovers, but this casserole I would eat over and over if I could.
This easy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole recipe is special to me. My aunt has made this for years, and it’s something that I have always enjoyed eating at her house. She always made it taste so imaginably good. Right after my son was born, she made me this so I could enjoy being a new mom and not worry about what was for dinner.
Typically, I make this on Sunday so that we can enjoy a nice hot meal together as a family. After a long day of work, I don’t always have the energy to cook an entire meal. Make a head meals and casseroles are a favorite of mine, especially during the week.
Granted, due to my Celiac diagnosis, I had to change things up a bit and adapt this to suit my dietary needs. This recipe is my interpretation of her original Chicken and Broccoli Casserole. If you love casseroles like I do, please try my Gluten Free Cottage Pie recipe.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR EASY CHICKEN BROCCOLI RICE CASSEROLE
- 32 Ounce bag Frozen Broccoli Florets
- 4 10.5 Ounce Pacific Foods Cream of Chicken Soup (GF)
- 1 Cup of Hellman’s Mayonnaise
- 2 8 ounce bags Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Whole Rotisserie Chicken broken up and made into pieces
- 4 Tsp Curry Spice (Amount of Curry Powder can be adjusted to your liking. I love Curry so I use quite a bit in this casserole dish)
- 1 Lemon squeezed for the juice
- 1 Container Aleia GF Italian Breadcrumbs ( I use whole container)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING EASY CHICKEN BROCCOLI RICE CASSEROLE
Pre-heat oven to 375 Degrees F. If you make this ahead and are pulling out from the fridge for a weeknight meal-this casserole will take longer to fully cook. I cover this casserole with foil so that the bread crumbs do not over-cook or brown too much on the top.
You do not necessarily need to thaw the frozen broccoli, especially if you are making this ahead. If you are making this right away, the broccoli florets should not be frozen. When I make this ahead, I just add the frozen broccoli to the bottom of the casserole dish. The broccoli will thaw over night in the fridge.
Take apart the two Rotisserie Chickens and cut into pieces. I prefer using only the white meat for this casserole, but you can definitely use both if you prefer.
In a mixing bowl, add the 4 cans of Pacific Foods GF Cream of Chicken Soup, 1 Cup of Mayo, the Curry spice and the lemon juice and stir to combine. Set aside.
NOW FOR ASSEMBLING THIS EASY CHICKEN BROCCOLI RICE CASSEROLE
In an oven safe casserole dish, start with adding the whole bag of broccoli to the bottom of the baking dish.
Add the broccoli, and take all the rotisserie chicken and put it on top of the broccoli in the casserole dish.
Next, add the soup mixture on top of the rotisserie chicken. Make sure it is even and smooth.
Add both bags of the cheddar cheese.
For the last step, add the full container of bread crumbs.
Cover with foil and bake for 50-60 minutes until bubbling. For the last few minutes of cooking, take the foil off and let the bread crumbs slightly brown. Keep an eye on this, as you do not want the bread crumbs to get too brown. If you make this ahead, allow at least an hour and 20 minutes for this casserole to full heat through.Print
Easy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
This Easy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole is super easy to make, and is perfect for any night of the week. Plus, it's gluten free and is loaded with cheddar cheese in every bite. The flavors are simple and appealing, and the prep is super easy. Made with Rotisserie chicken and store bought ingredients, this only takes a couple minutes to assemble before going into the oven.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- 32 Ounce Frozen Broccoli Florets
- 4 Cans 10.5 Ounce Pacific Foods Cream of Chicken Soup ((GF))
- 1 Cup Hellman's Mayonnaise
- 2 8 Ounce Bags of Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Tsp Curry Spice
- 1 Lemon Squeezed for the juice
- 1 Container Aleia GF Italian Bread Crumbs
- Pre-heat oven to 375 Degrees F.
- In an oven safe casserole dish, add the whole bag of Broccoli Florets to the bottom of the baking dish.
- After the Broccoli is added, take all the rotisserie chicken that has been taken apart and cut into strips- and put it on top of the broccoli layer.
- Next, add the 4 cans Cream of Chicken Soup, 4 Tsp Curry Spice, freshly squeezed lemon juice and 1 cup of mayo together. Stir to combine. Add the soup mixture on top of the rotisserie chicken and make sure it is even and smooth.
- Add the 2 packages shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- The last step is adding the full container of Aleia GF Italian Bread Crumbs.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 375 for 50-60 minutes until bubbly and golden.
- If you are making this ahead, this Casserole will take longer to heat up if it’s cold. I usually will put mine in the oven for about an hour and 20 minutes or until warmed through.
- Keep the foil on until the last few minutes of cooking. Then remove and let the bread crumbs get slightly golden in color.
- Make a big batch of rice for this. I use my rice maker and set it to a timer. I prefer using White Rice for this, but brown rice would work as well.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. See my full disclosure here.
SHOP THIS POST-